I have been on a big health kick lately. I’ve been running 5+ times a week, eating relatively healthy foods, trying to get more sleep, and I’ve even stopped eating the crusts of my daughter’s toaster waffles and grilled cheese sandwiches. Oh, and I’ve stopped drinking wine.
(I know. It shocked me too.)
But I’m not perfect, and I have a weakness I cannot seem to kick to the curb: it’s called salad dressing, and I absolutely love it. The only problem is, after reading [Weight Loss Recipes] 44 Condiment & Salad Dressing Recipes by Susan J. Campbell, I’ve come to realize my favorite ranch dressing is loaded with so much crap that isn’t healthy for me, and last night I decided it’s (finally) time to find a few healthy, low-fat alternatives I can make at home that won’t counter-act all of the hard work I’ve been doing to keep my new skinny jeans from feeling too snug.
As it turns out, there are HEAPS of salad dressings out there that are not only easy to make, but low-fat as well. Here are 8 of our favorites!
1. Whenever we eat out, I always opt for honey mustard dressing, and I’ve never been able to find a decent, low-fat option at our local grocery store. But thanks to this awesome low-fat honey mustard dressing recipe I found on Recipes From My Kitchen to Yours, I’m no longer missing out!
2. Love strawberries? Then this easy peasy strawberry vinaigrette dressing by Gaiam Life will make you drool. Can you believe it only has 70 calories per serving??!
3. If you’re looking for a way to lighten up your vinaigrette dressings, give this low-fat red wine tomato vinaigrette I found on SkinnyTaste.com a try. You will NOT be disappointed!
4. If you’re a ranch fiend like I am, you will LOVE this easy 3-ingredient skinny ranch dressing recipe I found on Skinny Kitchen!!
5. When I was 18, I rented a room from a woman who was the BEST BOOK EVER and she made this killer salad with the most delicious (and fattening!) poppy seed dressing. I’ve always wanted to replicate the salad, and after finding this delicious low-fat poppy seed dressing on Skinny Chef, I’m totally adding it to our weekly meal plan!
6. While I enjoy balsamic vinaigrette on my salads, I am a much bigger fan of creamy dressings, which is why I was so excited when I stumbled upon this low-calorie creamy balsamic salad dressing over on Salad in a Jar.
7. If you like a little citrus in your salad, you will love this Mexican low-fat citrus salad dressingover on Food.com.
8. If you’re a Caesar kind of person, make sure to check out Jamie Oliver’s low-fat Caesar salad dressing recipe, which I found on Drizzle & Drip!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you like this collection of easy-to-make, low-fat salad dressings, please share them on Pinterest!