Whenever my daughter is sick with a really bad cold and I’m struggling to find ways to keep her happy and entertained, I often fill the tub with luke-warm water, throw in a bunch of bath toys, and let her soak until her skin starts to prune.
I don’t know what it is about baths that lifts her spirits, but it almost always cheers her up, and if I’m smart enough to bring a load of laundry, my cleaning supplies, or (more realistically) my laptop into the bathroom with me, I’m able to knock some stuff off of my ever-growing “to do” list at the same time.
Of course, now that she’s older, her trusty old rubber ducky and those foam letters we all know and love don’t occupy her quite as long as they used to, and with cold and flu season just around the corner, I’m on the hunt for some good bath activities for kids to help us cope with another miserable winter of coughing and sneezing.
And since I know there are other moms out there who are just as desperate as I am to find new and exciting ways to keep their kids happy when they’re sick (or just plain bored), I decided to share 10 awesome bath activities for kids I found on Pinterest.
1. Get out the neon blue food coloring and setup this ridiculously cool bathtub ice fishing activity I found on Bath Activities for Kids!
2. Make some of these fantastic (and easy!) DIY bathtub paints I found on Raining Hot Coupons!
3. Grab some colored foam sheets and make these awesome DIY bathtub shapes by I Can Teach My Child.
4. Cut up some pool noodles and make one of these pool noodle bath pits I found on Bath Activities for Kids. Make sure to check out the different math activities she suggests as they offer a great what to sneak in a little learning while still having fun!
5. Before you put those pool noodles away, check out these spectacular bath games with pool noodles I found on Bath Activities for Kids. I especially love the basketball idea!
6. Make one of these shower ball pits I found on In Lieu of Preschool!
7. Setup one (or more!) of these fantastic bath time science lab activities I found on Bath Activities for Kids.
8. Grab some baking soda and water and have fun with this bath snow activity I found on Bath Activities for Kids. What a blast!
9. Paint rainbows like Growing a Jeweled Rose’s kids do on Bath Activities for Kids!
10. Make some of this glow-in-the-dark bath paint by Raining Hot Coupons!
Oh! And one last bonus activity for you…
11. Let your kids blow bubbles from the safety of the tub. Just make sure they are sitting down so they don’t slip!
If you enjoyed this collection of bathtub activities, please share it on Pinterest!