One of my favorite things to do once spring hits is to open up the windows, let in some fresh air, blast my favorite tunes, and put some of my best spring cleaning hacks to work. There is something so incredibly therapeutic about trying to restore a sense of order and balance into our lives after 5+ months of hiding from the snow, sleet, colds, and flus mother nature keeps chucking at us, and while I don’t always enjoy the actual process of deep-cleaning our home, I always feel a million times lighter once the chore is finished.
Of course, time is never on my side, particularly now that I’m a work-at-home mom with an energetic 5-year-old who likes to boss me around, so when it came time to de-cluttering, organize, and scrub down our 1,300-square-foot home this year, I knew I needed to be more organized than I have in years past.
So I spent some time on my Cleaning board on Pinterest, where I’ve been pinning all sorts of amazing spring cleaning hacks for a few years, and I was pleasantly surprised not only with how much time these tips and tricks saved me, but also by how much they made our home sparkle and shine.
And since I know I’m not the only gal out there who longs for a clean home, but lacks the motivation and time it requires to get one, today I’m sharing 25 of my favorite time-saving spring cleaning hacks.
1. How to Clean Grease From Kitchen Cabinet Doors (eHow)
2. How to Clean a Microwave (Practically Functional)
3. How to Clean a Dishwasher (Dukes & Duchesses)
4. How to Clean a Stainless Steel Sink and Make it Shine (The Thrifty Couple)
5. Non Toxic Oven Cleaner (Craptastical)
6. How to Clean a Refrigerator (Clean Mama)
7. How to Clean a Glass Stove Top (Do It And How)
8. How to Clean Granite Countertops Naturally (Debbie Doo’s)
9. DIY Garbage Disposal Refreshers (POPSUGAR)
10. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances (Clean Mama)
11. Simple Shower And Tub Cleaner (Joyful Homemaking)
12. How To Make Old Discolored Grout Look Like New (Young House Love)
13. 3-Step Faucet/Shower Head Deep Clean (The Thrifty Couple)
14. How to Remove Hard Water Stains From a Toilet (Bitz & Giggles)
15. How To Make a Bathtub Sparkle (Raining Hot Coupons)
16. How To Clean Glass Shower Doors The Easy Way (The Pin Junkie)
17. How to Fix Mold in a Bathtub (Bugs & Beans)
18. How to Clean Walls and Doors (I Dream of Clean)
19. How To Clean a Mattress (Life in Ryans’)
20. How to Clean and Dry Pillows (My Frugal Adventures)
21. How to Clean Window Tracks (First Home Love Life)
22. How to Clean Baseboards (Budget Savvy Diva)
23. How to Clean Window Screens the Easy Way (eHow)
24. How to Clean Upholstered Furniture Naturally (Eyes on the Source)
25. How to Clean a Microfiber Couch (551 East)
26. How to Clean a Washing Machine (Clean & Sensible)
27. How To Clean a Dryer Vent (The Suburban Mom)
28. How to Clean Blinds – The Easy Way! (Hometalk)
29. How to Remove Carpet Stains (The Shabby Creek Cottage)
30. How to Get Hardwood Floors to Shine (At Home with the Barkers)
If you found these spring cleaning hacks helpful, please share them on Pinterest!